Thursday, December 14, 2006

That's a load for the crapper

I read an article last week about a young woman who suffered a horrible accident that left her disfigured. I don't doubt that the young woman experienced pain beyond what many people should and could ever endure. What caught my attention was after grasping the extent of her injuries, (I'm paraphrasing here but you get my drift ) she said, "...she realized that she would move forward and be positive, that this was the hand that life dealt her" or some other bull. Then the article goes on about how people have never seen her have a bad day, how she's never questioned why the accident happened to her, or blah blah blah. You know what? She should be nominated for sainthood. Really. Because she ain't one of us. Speaking from personal experience - there are bad days, there are days when you question and have questions, and blah blah blah. There are days when I throw the covers over my head and don't want to come out. Hell, there were days like that before all this happened to me - and this young lady is Miss Sunshine and Butterflies after all she's been through? Forget sainthood, we should be writing a movie of the week for Lifetime, how about a feel good story for Oprah's Book of the Month Club - or better yet, maybe Rosie O'Donnell wants to sink millions in another Broadway stinker? We'll call it - I know, "Positive Flushings - Because Everyone Needs Emotional Fiber" Oof. Stop me. It hurts. I get so riled up when I hear people say that they ..."really focused on getting healthy and just let the rest of it go." I've focused on getting healthy, and for the most part, I'm a very positive person, given my circumstances. But I am also joyful, angry, sad, happy, negative, lonely, thankful, afraid, fearless, bitchy, sweet - all the colors of the emotional rainbow. I wear the sash proudly everyday, dammit. I earned it.

1 Comments:

At 7:03 AM , Blogger stefchubb said...

it's beautiful. you should keep it up and share.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home