Saturday, May 19, 2007

Shoe Fetish

What's a girl to do? I have a shoe fetish. Normally, not a problem. Until all this happened to me. I can only wear one shoe now. Stores won't sell only one shoe - I asked because you never know.

I came up with this brilliant idea to go on craigslist. Here's what my ad will read, "Shoe aficionado seeking same but with a twist. Can only wear right shoe, looking for one who can only wear left. Size 6 1/2 or 7. I prefer Marshalls over Ross, Nordstrom over Macy's. DSW sales are the best. Do much shopping online. Have 24 left shoes looking for a good home. I like flats, pumps and girly shoes. Don't bother if you're a sporty girl. I don't have any athletic shoes to trade. If you have the "right" shoe, contact me at...."

Here's the way I look at it. There has to be a female amputee or fellow injured party out there with the same shoe whore lusts as mine. I went to Marshalls the other week and bought the most gorgeous pair of Italian snakeskin pumps, 3" heels, pointed toe, stiletto heel. Cost $70. I have to wear that shoe 100 times if I want the value for each wear to be $0.70. That's how I break down expensive shoe purchases. The cost of the item divided by the number of times I will wear them. It's the only way to justify the purchase. It's a holdover from my credit card mania days. Now I apply it only to shoes. If I had a fellow shoe fetish buddy, the cost of the shoe would be $35, much more reasonable. If I wore it only 20 times, the cost would be $1.75 per wear, less than a shake at my favorite fast food joint.

I read that Queen Elizabeth the First was vain about her hands. If you were to look at her portraits, she made sure that her hands were featured prominently with large rings. I feel/felt the same way about my feet and shoes. I like my feet. I like to dress them up with pretty shoes. Wouldn't it be great if I could find someone with the same vain thought, who wears a size 6 1/2 or 7 and can only use a left shoe?