Saturday, January 19, 2008

Baking therapy

I almost titled this, "Someone left the cake out in the rain" but there are some that might not remember that disco classic. Anyway, I baked a cake yesterday. My parents had to bring all the ingredients to the table but from there, I did the real work. My mind calms down when I'm measuring, cracking eggs, and whisking. The hum of the mixer, the liquid sounds of dry and wet ingredients blending, the sweet smells of vanilla and chocolate are a soothing narcotic for my emotions. It's very satisfying to pull out a perfectly moist, golden cake from the oven. You know when it's ready even before the timer because the aroma of vanilla goodness warms the air. Don't forget the frosting! Luscious chocolate smoothly swirled all around that yummy cake. Sprinkle some coconut and crushed macadamias on the sides and presto! Pretty cake! And for me, three hours put to good use. After the week I've had, I needed it.

Tonight I'm going to an art gallery opening. The floors of these places and art museums are so smooth I feel like I'm gliding. It's a great sensation. Have to be careful, though. I tend to build up speed, wouldn't want to take down an expensive art piece because I'm being Ricky Racer.

Tomorrow are football playoffs and I can't wait to watch the game. GO CHARGERS!! Have a great weekend!

1 Comments:

At 1:47 PM , Blogger The Ultimate Chick said...

Mmmmm. . .this posting made me hungry. Will have to rummage through the cabinets for something sweet! Hopefully our Chargers will pull out a win tomorrow!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home