Saturday, April 04, 2009

Tick Tock

Trader Joe's Mango Sorbet. If you can try it, buy it. My folks and I love the flavor. Not as good as the mangoes we ate during my visit abroad but damn fine. Fruity, sweet with a tart finish and melty as you swallow it...yummmmm.

Not much to say today. Spent the day opening boxes filled with my card collection. I've been collecting greeting cards since the 80's. Haven't mailed them, simply enjoy taking them out of their boxes and reading. I truly mourn the loss of the mailed letter or card. The Internet is so much more convenient, true, but much more impersonal. I love the excitement of seeing an envelope with my name (as long as it's not a bill), realizing which friend sent it (usually Missy K.) and opening it. The thought the other person put into buying the card, writing a little note, then mailing the card/letter itself - well, it makes me feel so special. Now we have Internet cards; you shop, you fill in the little box and presto! the program writes out your note and sends it off. Big woo. Give me a mailed letter or card any day.

Watched Moulin Rouge. While I don't really like Nicole Kidman, I love this movie.

Okay, so there you have it. A brief summary of my day. Exciting, wasn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home