Friday, February 01, 2008

Cupcake upgrade

Apparently, my left leg is not liking my newfound resolve to be more active. It's not as though I'm training for a marathon, I'm simply trying to walk more than 15 steps, be on my feet for longer than 2-3 hours at a time without having to elevate my leg and be more independent. Nooooo, that's not gonna happen.

I went to my primary care doctor to have her complete another set of documents to prove I'm disabled - yes, DIC (disability insurance company now forever known as DIC, that's pronounced DICK) is still around. DIC is everywhere. DIC is still up my ass demanding me to prove how disabled I am, when I can go back to work (HA!), and asking my daily living activities...let's see...I wake up, my parents help me wash my hair and body, my parents prepare my breakfast, help me dress, drive me to whichever doctor's appointment or physical therapy I have scheduled...I wouldn't call those activities but that's what I do. Anyway, Dr. K. looked at my leg and said it, "...looked brawny." What? My leg's been described many ugly things but brawny? I immediately thought of the papertowel roll only I knew that wasn't what she meant -which was that my leg looked swollen and hard. Duh. So off I went to Infectious Diseases (I.D.).

I love my doctors. I feel sorry for my doctors. Here's Dr. H., my I.D. guy and he's telling me that this is simply the nature of my leg. Not much more he can do, no more antibiotics he can prescribe because there aren't any that will help. Plus, I've been on antibiotics for so long my system might become resistant. Yea, that's comforting. So, his diagnosis? That I'm working my leg too much and I need to take a break. Bed rest for a week. F*CK!! Keep my leg elevated and try not to use it too much.

Most people look at their bed as a place to rest, rejuvenate and relax. My bed has become an irritant. I don't want to lie down, I don't want to rest, I don't want to elevate my leg. If I could stomp a foot in frustration I would; a real stomp with my arms crossed, no walker and a really pouty face. I'm trying not to whine but dammit!! Can I catch a freakin' break? Two positive steps forward and then one big bitchy push backwards. I'm doing what I'm told but I don't like it at all. You know that cupcake I mentioned in my last post? I think someone needs to bring me a whole chocolate cake and fast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home