Saturday, February 23, 2008

Sick log

My Dad is now officially named "Typhoid Harry" - he is toxic. I've spent the last three days in a limbo between getting sick and fighting the ick off. This is not a pleasant place to be...you're almost sick...you're almost well....no...wait...you're almost sick...this is one strong bug. It doesn't want to let go. Dad has been sick for a full week as of today and he's feeling a little bit better but is still stationed on the couch. I feel like I need to stick a Brillo pad down my throat to take away the itch. I have to apologize to Missy R., when she was here yesterday with yet another delivery, it was obvious she had caught the ick. She claims it came from the others at her office, nonetheless, Dad's sorry if he contributed.

It's looking like a beautiful morning. The sun is shining, nice change from all the rain we've had this week. Tomorrow is bringing 20 ft. swells - can you even imagine how huge those waves are going to be - and how many idiots are going to be out there taking pictures? My plan is to sit in the car, far enough away from the water and the waves, yet still close enough to feel the salty spray on my face.

Okay, I'm outta here. Cup of chamomile tea sounds lovely. Stay healthy!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home