Thursday, March 13, 2008

Walkers in Rhythm

Short post. Dad hurt his back on Sunday when he lifted a 60 pound plant. It was too heavy. Dad's returned to his sickbed/couch and he's making me laugh. Wednesday morning, while Mom and I were rushing around before leaving for PT, Dad asked my Mom in the most plaintive tone, "Honey, do you have time to massage my back? It really hurts!" Listen, I don't want to be bitchy but I am going to be - men can be such babies! I didn't laugh until I was in the car. Mom looked at me and said, "I love your father, you know?" as she gave me a small smile. Mom didn't have to say anything else.

Dad is now using one of my walkers to move about the house. This afternoon we were out front trying to do a little dance number, as seen in The Producers. It didn't work, of course, but I was laughing. Dad moves slowly and it's a nice change for me to move faster than somebody, anybody else. I love my Dad, you know?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home