Monday, February 25, 2008

Sickbed Diva

I'm done with the self-pity thing. I read back over my last post, cringed a bit and moved on. With Mom home, things are getting back to normal. If I didn't know any better, I'd swear that Dad added a little drama to his sick self. He wasn't looking so listless or sounding so pitiful before Mom got home. The whole time he was sick, Dad never used his blood pressure cuff but the minute he heard the car doors slamming, that sucker was out of the box and on his arm. He whispered faintly from his couch/bed, "Hi Hon, glad you're home. Sorry I can't get up to hug you." Cue violins in background, soft start with slow movement to crescendo..."I was feeling dizzy and had to take my blood pressure." Music swells as Dad lays his head back on the pillow, sighing heavily, eyes closing wearily. "I just don't feel well. My whole body aches, I feel like my joints are disconnected. Sorry the house is dirty." Cymbals crash, music begins to fade. End scene.

Yup. Got my sense of humor back. Amazing what clearing the sinuses can do for mood lifting. You know what's totally unfair? Dad gets sick for a week and loses 8 pounds! If I eat only salads and a handful of protein for a month, I can't lose 8 pounds. Phht.

Okay, off to bed. Still have to baby my cold. Hope you had a great weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home