Sunday, March 09, 2008

Walking on sunshine, yea yea

Life is so sweet right now. My leg looks like a leg again - well, except for the missing tissue, scars, redness...but it's a leg again!! I'm cautiously optimistic. I know with my medical history that weird things happen out of nowhere (remember the leaky leg incident of April 07?) so I'm moving forward slowly.

It helps that I spent Sunday with Missy R. and Missy P. Can't help but laugh most of the day when I'm with them. Thinking of how we spent the day brings a smile to my face.

You read stories about how people's lives are changed for the better or worse, depending on how that person deals with the event(s) that did the changing. Can I say, without sounding too arrogant, that I've handled all of this crap pretty damn well? I didn't turn into a sloppy, blubbery mess. I didn't become a pill popping, drinking myself stupid victim. I didn't fall into a dark pool of bullshit, acting like an angry, vindictive bitch (mostly not, anyway). I'm still me, only with the volume turned down and the color much sharper. Oh, I'm still loud - just not frantically loud. Not venti mocha frappucino with extra chocolate loud. More skinny vanilla latte, tall loud. I'm mellower. I can accept things easier. I've learned to compromise gracefully without too much of a tantrum - hey, I'm still me. I don't like giving up, remember? But I've learned that sometimes bowing out doesn't mean I'm giving up, I'm merely reevaluating my options.

So, life is good. I feel, for the first time in a very long time, possibility. That maybe, just maybe, things have taken an upswing. I'm seeing my orthopaedic surgeon tomorrow night to talk about surgical operations. Probably in August or September. It's time to take a step into the future.

1 Comments:

At 8:45 PM , Blogger The Ultimate Chick said...

Yea!! Glad to hear you are on the up & up. Thought of you this weekend when I encountered a "stroller mama"--that chick had her double-wide stroller spread out all over REI. Did not even say excuse me!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home