Friday, March 14, 2008

I got laid on the floor...

Not what you're thinking, potty brain!! In PT today, I knelt down then laid on the floor for the first time in TWO years. YEA!! Did it once then had to do it again to prove to myself it wasn't a fluke. It wasn't but it hurts and I'm still feeling the throbbing in my left foot.

See, the way you do it is: Find a good sturdy chair. Put your walker beside you, lean forward and grab the chair arms. Move your hands to the chair cushion and slowly lower your left leg, keeping it bent behind you (keep in mind that my foot points down so I have to deal with an automatic stop and still keep going) once your left knee touches the floor, slowly lower your right knee until you're in a kneeling position. From here, place your right hand on the floor to your side as you slowly lean to the right, swing your legs to the side and straighten them as you lean on your right arm and voila!! you're on your side. Reverse to stand up again. It's not easy and takes concentration because while most of my strength is in my arms, that's offset because of my poor balance skills. I was pretty beat afterwards. I asked my physical therapist if we could start floor exercises soon.

Having my back closed and healed has definitely helped my recovery. I'm more confident, eager to try new exercises and feel bouncy. Do you get what I mean when I say bouncy? Now, if I could only get laid on the floor...

1 Comments:

At 8:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home